Chiropractic is a primary health care profession focused on your health and wellbeing.
The World Federation of Chiropractic (WFC) states: “Chiropractic is a health profession concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, and the effects of these disorders on the function of the nervous system and general health. There is an emphasis on manual treatments including spinal adjustment and other joint and soft-tissue manipulation”.
Patients undergoing chiropractic care often report benefits from:
- Elbow pain and tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrences
- Headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic)
- Inability to relax
- Joint pains
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
- Back Pain
- Generalised aches and pains
- Mechanical neck pain (as opposed to neck pain following injury i.e. whiplash)
- Migraine prevention
- Minor sports injuries and tensions
- Muscle spasms
- Shoulder complaints (dysfunction, disorders and pain)
Referral: Chiropractors have broad diagnostic skills and if your chiropractor feels your problem is not suitable for chiropractic care or needs further investigation, they will liaise with your GP and other health care providers to arrange an appropriate referral, as long as you provide your permission to do so.
Improving the health of the nation!
Chiropractic the McTimoney way has helped thousands of people for over 50 years and around 150,000 new patients consult a member of the MCA each year. Over 8,000 people are cared for by our members each working day.
Isn’t it time you discovered how the McTimoney technique can help you, your family and your animals stay stronger and pain free for life?